Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
- Our Substrate Playground and Marketplace Terms and Conditions, which set the terms of your use of Substrate Playground and / or Marketplace.
substrate.io is a site operated by Parity Technologies Limited ("we", “us” or “Parity”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09760015 and have our registered office at Ignition Law Moray House, Floor 1, Moray House, 23-31 Great Titchfield Street, London, United Kingdom, WC1W 7PA.
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site and its content, including the Parity and Substrate names and marks, as well as the material published on it. Those works are protected by intellectual property laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You are not granted any right to use, and may not use, any of our intellectual property rights other than as set out in these terms. You must not commercially exploit our site (or any part of it or its content); however, you may download material from our site solely for internal, non-commercial, personal use by you. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
Save as required by applicable law, you shall not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, re-post, modify, transmit, distribute or otherwise use in any way for any non-personal, public or commercial purpose any part of our site including (without limitation) the text, designs, graphics, photographs, images and user generated content of other users without our prior written consent and (in the case of user generated content of a different user) the prior written consent of that user.
You retain all ownership rights you have in the user generated content, but you hereby grant to us a perpetual, transferable, royalty-free license, irrevocable, worldwide, sub-licensable license to use, copy, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works from, distribute, perform and display your user generated content and any name, username, voice or likeness provided in connection with your user generated content in all media formats and channels now known or later developed. This license includes the right for us to make your user generated content available for syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication by other companies, organisations or individuals who partner with us. You also agree that we may remove metadata associated with your user generated content, and you irrevocably waive any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your user generated content.
In some sections of our site, you may be able to view, interact with or upload content generated by others. You may be able to supply or upload content to our site – whether it be pictures, text, sound recordings, code or whatever – where you are able to do so the content you supply (“user generated content”) must conform with these terms.
You agree that you are solely responsible for any user generated content that you post, upload, link to or otherwise make available through certain sections of our site, regardless of the form of that content and that you bear responsibility for any harm caused by such content.
Our site may contain or include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. We take no responsibility for, and we do not expressly or implicitly endorse, any content – whether it be software built on substrate, pictures, text, sound recordings or whatever - supplied or uploaded by a user to our site. The views expressed by other users on our site through user generated content do not represent our views or values. User generated content is displayed on our sites as submitted and we do not perform any type of checks or verifications on it. We therefore cannot guarantee that any user generated content uploaded or shared to our site is correct, accurate, free of error or bugs. You therefore agree to be fully responsible for the way you decide to use or interact in any way with user generated content on our site.
We will not be responsible or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete, up-to-date or bug free.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Substrate Marketplace
- Substrate Playground
Your use of these services may be governed by separate terms and conditions. Please refer to them where necessary. However, please note that these services are made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that they, or any of their content will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to them is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of those services without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason those services are unavailable at any time or for any period. We may update the services and/or change their content at any time.
We employ our best efforts to ensure that our services are secure, virus and bug free but we cannot warrant this will always be the case. Whenever you choose to use these services or download any content from them, whether uploaded by us, generated by you through the interactive services or any user generated content, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk and responsibility. We are not responsible nor liable for any bugs, viruses or damages that may arise as a consequence of your use of these services or the content within them.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes and in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in this document.
- not to infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of our site or any part of it (to the extent that such use is not licensed under these terms);
- not to transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of our site;
- not to use our site by automated means or otherwise for the purposes of scraping, extracting or otherwise obtaining any material from our site for use within a third party website or application;
- not to collect or harvest any information or data from our systems or attempt to decipher any transmission to or from the servers running our site;
- not to copy, or otherwise reproduce or re-sell any part of our site unless expressly permitted to do so in these terms;
- not to access, query or search our site with any automated system, other than through our published interfaces and pursuant to their applicable terms; and
- not to create multiple accounts to evade punishment or avoid restrictions.
User Generated Content
If it is the case that you supply/upload any user generated content to our site – whether it be pictures, text, sound recordings or whatever – the content you supply must comply with the following rules:
- it must not be obscene, abusive, offensive or racist and it must not promote or propose hatred or physical harm against anyone;
- it must not harass, bully, insult or intimidate another person;
- it must be true and honest so far as you know;
- it must not constitute pornography or be sexual or sexually suggestive involving minors;
- it must not be defamatory of anyone;
- it must not use the material or content or infringe the rights or privacy of anyone else; for example you should not use images of well-known characters, footage or music (unless it is your own or you have demonstrable legal rights to do so);
- it must not contain someone else’s personal details or confidential information relating to other people;
- it must not promote discrimination, whether based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- it must not promote or condone terrorism, violence or illegal behaviour;
- it must not be harmful to minors in any way;
- it must not promote any illegal activity or otherwise be unlawful;
- it must not impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; and
- it must not give the impression that it emanates from or is endorsed by Parity, if this is not the case.
We reserve the right to refuse to accept or refuse or cease to use any user generated content supplied by any person that we think contravenes these terms or otherwise may create liability for Parity.
We take no responsibility for, and we do not expressly or implicitly endorse, any user generated content. By submitting your user generated content, you represent and warrant that you have all rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights to such user generated content as set out in these terms. As you alone are responsible for your user generated content, you may expose yourself to liability if you post or share user generated content without all necessary rights.
We do not oversee, monitor or moderate any user generated content which is uploaded to our site. If you become aware of any user generated content that contravenes these terms, please contact us on email@example.com, providing details of: (i) the date on which it was posted and where it can be found on our site; (ii) the name and surname of the author or, if the author is a legal person, the author's business name; (iii) reasons why the content should be deleted; and (vi) copies of any communication with the author (if any).
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
Nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and
any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or restrict our liability.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites, web applications or mobile applications linked to from our site (including links to any third party browser extensions providing voting functionality or notification facilities or links to our commercial sponsors and partners). Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites or mobile applications. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- We make no representations about the reliability, availability, timeliness or accuracy of the content included on our site and we exclude all conditions, warranties, or other terms which may apply to our sites or any content on them, whether express or implied.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our sites or to your downloading of any content on them, or on any website linked to them.
If you are acting for purposes relating to your trade, business, craft or profession, then:
- you agree to use our site for internal purposes only and in no event shall we be liable to you for any loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of contracts, failure to realise anticipated savings or for any indirect or consequential loss, whether arising from negligence, breach of contract or otherwise; and
- our total liability to you for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with these terms, whether in contract (including under any indemnity), tort (including negligence) or otherwise shall be limited to £100.
You shall indemnify and hold us harmless against any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses suffered or incurred by us and/or our affiliates as a result of any breach of these terms.
If you are acting for purposes that are wholly or mainly outside your trade, business, craft or profession then
- If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it was an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time that you accessed our site.
- Our total liability to you for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with these terms, whether in contract (including under any indemnity), tort (including negligence) or otherwise shall be limited to £100.
- Nothing in these terms affects your statutory rights. Advice about your statutory rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- You agree not to use our site, or any content on our site, for any commercial or business purposes and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
Statutory information about Parity Technologies Limited:
- Registered in England and Wales
- Registered Number: 09760015
- Registered Office: Ignition Law, Moray House Floor 1, 23-31 Great Titchfield Street, London, United Kingdom, WC1W 7PA.
Thank you for visiting our site.